Growing Alocasia is an easy way to add a tropical flair to your indoor garden. When you know that it has a unique leave shape, and how to care for Alocasia plants, you will be rewarded with many years of attractive foliage.
What makes it special:
- One of the best attractive foliage plants.
- Low maintenance plant and easily grow in indoor condition.
- Perfect ornamental plant for house .
Planting and care
- Morning sunlight of 1-3 hours a day is ideal and plant grow well in bright light for rest of the day.
- Protect the Alocasia from harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing Alocasia plant.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup(approx.50ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Apply organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not overwater the plant specially when pot doesnt have drainage hole.
- Avoid applying water on leaves it may cause fungus infection.