Table palm, Umbrella Palm – Plant
Table palm easily grows in the indoor condition in the young stage of palm with low maintenance.
Botanical name of Table palm is Livistona rotundifolia. It has bold rounded evergreen leaves, medium-sized, single-trunked fan-palm. Young palm has relatively shallow-lobed leaves. Older palm has more deeply divided leaves with long lance-shaped segments that radiate like the spokes of an umbrella.
Planting and care
- Grows best in the partial shade when young and full sun when mature.
- Watering should be done early in the morning if the soil feels dry to touch.
- Avoid waterlogging condition.
- Apply organic fertilizer in early monsoon and spring season.
- Prune the lower leaves which turn brown.
Table palm can grow into the pot when young stage. Use potting mix as the soil, vermicompost, and coco peat. Keep the plant in partial shade in growing season.
Sunlight Full sun, Partial Shade Watering Moderately Soil Sandy loam soil Temperature 25 to 35 degree C Fertilizer Apply any organic fertilizer.