The Money plant (Pothos) is easy to grow climber plant. Money plant has a unique place in houseplants grown indoors.
It is a common belief that having a Money plant at home brings wealth, health, prosperity and happiness.
Planting and care
- Keep the plant indoor with bright indirect natural light or bright artifical light.
- Protect the Money plant from direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Money plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April – August) feed the Money plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not overwater the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.