Sweet lime growing tree of the genus citrus also known as Sweet lemon. Sweet lime grow as perennial evergreen with vigorous thorns. It can grow in tropical, subtropical or mediterranean climate.
What makes it special:
- Powerhouse of Vitamin C.
- Detoxifies the body.
- Perfect plant for outdoor.
- Strengthens Hair.
Planting and care
- Keep the plant outdoor in natural bright light.
- Protect the plant from direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in oragnic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.