Asplenium Nidus Crissie Fern Plant
From the range of ferns that can be grown indoors this plant has larger leaflets than most and gives that large full leaf foliage plant appearance.
This unique fern grows in the form of a deep rosette of large, shiny, spear-shaped fronds. New fronds unfurl from the center of the plant. The fern differs from many in appearance because of its spear-like shaped leaves.
Planting and care
- Keep the plant in partial sunlight area.
- Also, keep the plant indoor condition where the bright light is available.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light.