In every second household, you can find a money plant blooming in its glory. Money plant is considered as a lucky plant which brings wealth, health, prosperity and happiness in the house. Money plant is also known as Malabar Chestnut or saba nut. There are many facts about money plant that you must know. For example, money plant in Feng Shui is considered to be a lucky plant that brings monetary gain and good fortune. However, the money plant is also grown in the house as an indoor plant to add to the décor. If you have a money plant at home, then it would be thrilling to know some surprising facts about money plant.
Planting and care
- Keep the plant indoor or outdoor in bright light or direct morning sunlight atleast 3 to 4 hours.
- Protect the Money plant from harsh direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Money plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (2-3 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not ever overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilize
- During the main growing season (April – August) feed the Money plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.