The Money plant (Pothos) is easy to grow climber plant. Money plant has a unique place in houseplants grown indoors.
It is a common belief that having a Money plant at home brings wealth, health, prosperity and happiness.
Planting and care
- If you plant it in a pot then ensure that pot should have proper drainage system otherwise roots of money plants will be damaged by excessive water.
- Wooden or plastic pole warp with husk is suitable for climbing the plant up and foster faster growth.
- Tie the stems as it grows up, till it reaches the top progressively.
- You can also use coir ropes to wrap around plastic or glass poles which will give enough support for the plant to grow up.
- Trim by cutting away dead or overgrown branches or stems of the money plant.You can plant it anytime and in any season with great ease. You just have to cut a stem from a parent plant and plant it where ever you want. You can plant it anywhere whether in soil or in water. You can plant it in your garden as well as in your house. The best part about this plant is that you can plant it just by cutting a part of the already grown money plant.Just cut the stem of already grown money plant and plant it in soil. Cut the fresh stem from the growth tip. If you are planting it in soil then make a hole in the soil and plant it. If you are planting it as an indoor plant in a glass jar or bottle and you want to plant it in water then fill the bottle more than half and plant it.
Sunlight Partial sunlight Watering Moderately Soil Well-drained soil Temperature Prefers warmer temperatures of between 15 degrees C and 30 degrees c. Lower leaves will turn yellow or produce rust like spots if temperatures fall below 10 degrees c to 12 degrees c. Fertilizer Use organic fertilizer in the spring season.