Philodendron Ceylon Gold
Philodendron Ceylon Gold is an evergreen, ornamental, climber houseplant. This unique plant has no back lobes on its leaves. It has paddle-shaped leaves are a bright almost fluorescent green color.
Philodendron is one of the best air-purifying plants that remove airborne toxins such as formaldehyde, benzene, and trichloroethylene from the atmosphere.
- Keep the plant indoor or outdoor with bright indirect natural light or bright indirect artifical light.
- Protect the Philodendron plant from direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Philodendron plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April – August) feed the Philodendron plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.