Syngonium is a great looking elegant and versatile houseplant which needs only modest care.Its foliage attractive color will add up the beauty in your house and have the ability to cleanse the air you breathe.
What makes it special:
- NASA recommended air purifier plant.
- Best for AC rooms, office desk, etc.
- Best indoor plant for low light condition.
- Low maintenance plant.
- Attractive foliage plant.
Syngonium plant belongs to the family Araceae. Syngonium plant is a perfect house plant. The five-lobed shape of Syngonium leaves represents the five Feng Shui elements water, fire, earth, wood and metal. Thus it perfectly balances Yin and yang energy and encourages positive chi or energy.
Planting and care
- Natural indirect / artificial bright light is ideal for Syngonium plant growth.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile, rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (Feb to May, July to Sep) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.